Here is another in the same vein as the Iron Apple painting. This time with a lime and I didn't have to exaggerate the size of the fruit in the pan to make for a better composition in this painting. (unlike Iron Apple where I made the skillet look tiny compared to the apple.)
Here is a (mostly) finished version of a painting of my father. There is one thing missing from this painting that makes it look a little awkward once you notice it. See if you can guess correctly in the comments.
Portrait of Dennis
Oil on Panel
10" x 8"
I used the following colors on this portrait: Titanium White, Yellow Ocher, Venetian Red, Ultramarine Blue, Alizarin Crimson, and Ivory Black.
Here is a simple composition I made using walnut oil as my medium. I like the walnut oil better than linseed oil it felt like the paint flowed smoother without being too slippery and provided good coverage across the panel.
I had to enlarge the size of the apple to make it a greater focus in the painting, consequently it makes the skillet look very small.
It has been 2 months since my last post. I have been doing quite a bit of painting since then so I should spend some time to post my progress online. I'll arrange to post something new every day for the next 5-6 days so that no one is flooded with images.
Here is Allison II with much more progress completed. I just need to spend a little bit more time on the hair and I will be finished. Quite a bit of sinking in is happening in this painting. That means that the darks are losing their luster and appearing lighter than they otherwise should. Varnishing at the end of the painting will solve this problem.
Here is a list of the colors that I used: Titanium White, Yellow Ocher, Venetian Red, Ultramarine Blue, and Ivory Black.