Feb 29, 2012

Karin WIP1

This is the start of my new Karin Painting.

I still have quite a bit of work to do in all of the areas that I already painted. The only problem is that it might take about a week for the paint to dry to the touch and I can't add paint until that happens. I piled my titanium white on so think for this painting trying to really show my brushstrokes, but that means longer paint drying time.

I like to save my paint, especially the white, from day to day. Adding dryer would force me to discard large piles of chunky dry paint at the end of the day. I hate throwing away unused paint, I sometimes work late in the evening just to use up the remaining paint form that day's painting.

This painting looks like a limited palette, but it actually involves quite a few colors: White, Naples Yellow, Cad Orange, Cad Red, Alizarin Crimson, Burnt Sienna, Ultramarine Blue, and Burnt Umber.

The painting is done on masonite panel and the size is 16in x 20in.

No comments:

Post a Comment