Apr 5, 2013

Vintage Portrait


This is a small sketch of a painting I did in the last few days while my son was napping. His naps get shorter and shorter each day so my afternoon painting time is diminishing, forcing me to work on smaller and smaller pieces.

If you're interested in buying this fine painting go to Daily Paintworks for information. Click here for It's DPW link.

This was painted from a vintage photograph provided by http://mementomori-stock.deviantart.com/. Check out his gallery if you are interested in finding more wonderful vintage photographs.

This is mostly a black and white portrait, but I used a warm neutral for the middle light to middle values and a cool black for the middle to darks. So the darks appear more blueish, and the lights appear more of a warmish brown.

Overall I used the following paints to make this portrait: Titanium White, Ultramarine Blue, Burnt Umber, Ivory Black

No comments:

Post a Comment