Oct 13, 2011

Allison WIP1


I haven't posted in awhile because I have been busy helping build a playground.

I was cameraless yesterday and couldn't take the work in progress photo just before this current one. So this is two days of work since the last posting. But you can mostly still see the underpainting as it looked yesterday morning.

The new addition since finishing the underpainting is that I painted the shadow shape on her back, a little bit into the dark halftones, and her lower arm. For the background I painted the whole sky. Yes that it tape holding up my painting.

At the time I couldn't seem to find a way to clamp it to the easel without it messing up the sky paint. After I taped the canvas and painted the sky I thought of a way to attach the painting without using tape, so hopefull you won't see those ugly tape stripes again in any of my progress shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment