Oct 14, 2011

Allison WIP2

I worked on the arm a little more and got the right coloring for the shoulder. I started using Cad Red for the warms in this painting and kept thinking that it needed to look different in some way. In the back of my mind I kept telling myself that I should try using Venetian Red instead but I didn't do this because I wanted to limit my palette. After many hours of experimentation I finally mixed the right variation of C.Red that fit the painting and it looked identical to Venetian Red. So now I'm just using V.Red instead of C.Red. I should have just listened to my initial instincts, and I probably wouldn't have spent a whole day on just the shoulder.

Also now that I've painted a better representation of the shoulder skin tone I think I need to change the value and the color of the dark half tone. It is way too dark and purpley.

No comments:

Post a Comment