May 21, 2011

Small Figures: Frank

This was one of the first portraits that I drew from life for an extended period of time. the model was Frank, and he was really great. He spent a large portion of his modeling time counting in his head. Sometimes without telling him we would vary the number of minutes in the pose and afterwards he would always know how long it had been. I think he is working on a computer science masters degree somewhere.
Frank Sketch - sold

I have dozens of small figure drawings that I did while studying at the New School of Classical Art in Providence. The head instructor of the school was Dana Levin, whose work is pretty fantastic, check out her website if you get a chance (http://danalevin.com/). I plan to highlight each of these small figures individually writing about the process involved and give people insight into the models' lives as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment